I have a feeling this dress is gonna get a lot of wear out of it...
Like several others I had some fitting issues with those pesky bodice darts. I thought I had it all figured out but there was still a little puckering in the boobage area to fix. A big thank you to Rochelle and Lauren for the very helpful post. I discovered my dart points didn't exactly match up. After making those adjustments the dress came together fairly easy. So lemme break it down for you...
Plaid suiting I picked up from JoAnn's. The pocket lining is gabardine and matches the green in the plaid perfectly. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the pockets and it's kind of hard to see the green stripe in the plaid.
The bodic darts were both moved over closer to the sides by 2 inches and shortened by 1 inch. The bust darts were also shortened by 1 inch. I used pleats instead of the gathers on the skirt. The front and back shoulders were extended by 2 inches and the neckline was made more round in preperation for.....
My own little something special:
A peter pan collar drafted using Gertie's fabulous book. If you don't own this book yet I highly recommend getting it. Gertie is just the bomb!
I intended on taking pictures outside but it's real windy out as you can see (who am I shitting, it's always windy out here in the country)..and absolutely freezing.
I had to make due with the laundry/sewing room. It's the best room in the house for pictures as far as lighting goes.
I'm super duper serial guysss!!
Matching the plaids was a real chore. I have to say I did a fairly good job considering I totally forgot I was working with plaid when I cut my pattern out. Doh! The hardest part was trying to match up the plaid while installing the invisible zipper.
I will now be working on the Sewaholic's Thurlow trousers. Lladybird is having a sew along and I'm a little behind. I guess shitty days like these are good for something, catching up on sewing projects.